WRIGLEY FIELD HISTORY
Original Name - Weeghman Park
Park opened April 1914. The
second oldest ballpark in the majors originally opened with a Federal
League team playing in it.
That league only lasted two seasons.
The Cubs moved in and have remained there ever since.
Located in a residential neighborhood, on the north side of the
city, it is in an area typically referred to as Wrigleyville.
In 1988 lights were installed at Wrigley Field, making it the
last major league ballpark to do so.